The Senior Network Administrator works collaboratively with the entire operations team to perform network and system design and support. Specifically s/he is responsible for performing technical work related to the installation, testing, monitoring, and problem resolution related to the TBI network and system infrastructure. A Senior Network Administrator should be able to work independently and manage their workload. You should be able to take a general problem and be able to research options, define the project plan, define the budget, determine all dependencies, and implement the solution with oversight.
Minimum Education Required
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, related degree or equivalent experience.
Years of Experience Required
- Five (5) years’ experience managing and maintaining datacenter and corporate networks. Preferred experience around managed service providers and banking environments.
- Two (2) years’ experience managing server infrastructure including Windows Server, Active Directory, and all associated services integrated in Microsoft Active Directory
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Other Abilities
- Strong software defined networking/datacenter architecture experience
- Expert knowledge of TCP/IP and other IP protocols
- Strong experience managing and designing Cisco ACL environments
- Strong experience with, clustering, Cisco FTD
- Strong enterprise network and system architecture experience
- Strong analytical skills, excellent oral and written communicative skills, quick learner, self-motivated, patient, and be able to work in stressful situations, and willing to work flexible hours
- Experience around major Linux distributions (ability to install/maintain/debug MTA’s – dovecot, postfix, winbind, etc.)
- Ability to assist in managing Microsoft active directory, Windows Server, and Hyper-V
- Ability to assist in managing VMware ESXi and V-Center, Azure
- Ability to assist in troubleshooting network and system issues
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Self-starter and drive to take initiative and own issues
- Ability to demonstrate supportive relationships with peers, customers, partners, and corporate executives
- Cisco (ASA, FMC-FTD; Managed Switches – Layer 2 & 3)
- Imperva WAF / Checkpoint Firewalls
- Site to Site VPN creation
- Routing and switching
- Windows Server 2008-2012 R2/2016
- Windows Hyper V
- VMware ESXi and VCenter
- AWS/Azure experience is a plus
- Major Linux distributions experience is a plus
- Architect new network and system environments following best practices for security, performance, and reliability for datacenter and corporate offices
- Assist in planning and performing company acquisitions by merging corporate offices and datacenters
- Perform root-cause troubleshooting for network and system infrastructure
- Help improve the networking and system disaster recovery strategy for datacenter and hosting environments
- Perform routine maintenance on network and system devices (patches, break-fix, upgrades, etc.)
- Combination of Technical Design / Cisco Networking, Security, Data Center and Cloud Technology Solutions
- Perform security monitoring, penetration testing, and vulnerability remediation; ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization;
- Develop, maintain and support technical infrastructure, network, and server components
- Assist in day to day network and system administration tasks (Firewall ACL creation, site to site tunnels, server deployments, server troubleshooting)
- Assists in Firewall ACL implementation, VPN tunnel configuration and troubleshooting, and VLAN and port configuration.
- Ability to work responsibly with or without direct supervision, with a proven ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Works as a supportive and engaged member of the team and willing to mentor other team members.
- Demonstrates excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Provide input on new technologies, hardware, software, and operating systems to meet company and IT department strategic goals.
- Work with external vendors and internal clients in the resolution of server hardware and software issues, and in the implementation of internal & external projects.